Customer Experience Strategist
A CX Strategist at MullenLowe Profero represents the commercial viability of every product, service or platform designed for our clients. You create value for the end user and the business by ensuring every brief is framed within a commercial context and answerable to a set of defined business objectives.
You possess an imagination of the future and the nitty-gritty modelling and planning ability that turns the vision into a reality. You are equally at home leading clients to understand how people, processes and platforms can evolve to have a positive effect on their P&L as you are talking to people and translating their needs into actionable insights.
Companies are interconnected systems capable of innovation and evolution but often clouded in ambiguity which you see as a design challenge. This leads you to develop service design and customer experience strategies that result in human-centered products, platforms, and services. You design viable business models but understand a great product needs to be feasible and desirable at the same time.
By doing so you are a senior representative for MullenLowe Profero, leading clients with a multi-disciplinary team under your strategic direction. This will translate into business development with existing clients and the opportunity to continually grow the value our business design practice creates.
ON ANY GIVEN DAY
- Research a client's business, industry and opportunity to form a perspective that influence conversations and future products
- Lead the development of a product proposal. From client meeting, to internal scoping, and presenting back to client
- Articulate a new value proposition across clients' organisation and gain support for their initiatives.
- Shape a business case and design brief where clients are unsure about what a new product should do.
- Demonstrate the value of design thinking, particularly how design can help to meet real people's needs, think 'customer first' and get to the truth of a situation.
- Conduct stakeholder or customer research interviews
- Define business goals and performance metrics
- Create an experience map or high-level CX touchpoint architecture
- Turn workshop outcomes into an actionable roadmap for development
- Work with a Data Analyst to validate a hypothesis of develop an insight
- Work with Experience Designer to quickly ideate product concepts, identify user journey's, map customer needs
- Work with a Product Manager to review requirements and deliver a commercial assessment for prioritization
- Engage a senior client to expand the remit of the agency or create a new project opportunity
- Facilitate a client workshop or senior client meeting
- Prepare a client presentation across any phase; discovery, define, design, develop
- Review the product team's work to ensure it matches your expectations, the product fit and exceeds our clients' expectations
- Set the business objectives and strategic direction to ensure all outputs meets your commercial criteria
- Lead strategic development outputs and provide direction to any resources contributing to the final outcome
- Lead proposal development and estimation efforts with the Product Manager
- Identify and articulate an account vision to deliver YoY growth of your key accounts
- Identify the business case for new products and features as well as enhancement of existing ones through analytics, customer interaction and feedback from internal stakeholders
- Lead the development of products with a level of quality that creates long-term profitable relationships for Profero and continued commercial success for clients
- Empathize with the end user and our clients organization/business.
- Use a commercial mindset that continually creates opportunities to extend our remit with clients and forms an indispensable roadmap for clients
- Understand and know when to circumvent process that leads to better outcomes for clients
- Create and communicate perspectives that help shape our clients' businesses and delivers value beyond delivery
- Provide the forum for clients to prioritise business objectives, bring dependencies to light, as well as manage the complexity of the various stakeholder relationships
- Create strategies to influence and manage customer behavior to drive internal business targets
- Partner with the Product Director to lead the growth of your business unit
- Manage your own time and effectively communicate resourcing needs for your projects
- Ensure that every meeting, communication, deliverable is of a high-standard and execution
- Constantly research, test and evolve how we do things to maintain constant improvements and practice leadership
- Know when to engage discipline leads or management team to achieve desired outcomes
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years working in a digital/consulting/product environment
- 8+ years as a CX/Business/Design Strategist or related role
- A robust understanding of technology, platforms, software and the interconnected processes that link them
- Proven ability to lead a design-thinking process
- Exceptional business case/model development capability
- Managing and mentoring a multi-disciplinary team
- Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence
- Experience working with enterprise-level content management, experience management and data management platforms and tools
- Strong analytical capability. Proven ability to organize, interpret and communicate complicated data sets
- Experience with digital marketing and a customer-centric philosophy towards product development
- Amazing storytelling ability that engages both internal and external audiences in all your outputs
- You will contribute and drive a culture of excellence that delivers world-class digital solutions
- Your impact will be instantly noticeable in bringing a can-do attitude, a good amount of empathy, and a dedicated work ethic
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills and ability to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Be on time for, and professional in, everything you do, be that meeting a client; delivering to timescales; actively participating, using the right tone; or protecting either the clients' or our own information/IP
- An unquenchable desire to learn and constantly evolve what you do
- Be curious and explore topics that interest you to continually enhance your skill set and expertise